Alpine zoo : practical information
In the heart of the Valais Alps and the beauty of a larch forest at an altitude of 1,110 metres in Les Marécottes, the highest zoo in Europe is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the unusual and wild world of the Valais alpine fauna. No fireworks needed here! The show centres around the moving sight of animal protagonists in this microcosm of the wild, evolving in their natural habitat. Standing just a few metres from animals that are usually so difficult to spot, your heart will recognise the incomparable mix of adrenaline and wonder. You'll fall silent in admiration in front of the lynx, your eyes plunged into those of this magnificent hunter. Subjugated, you’ll observe the imposing movements of a bear, and the fleeting appearance of a marmot, fox or deer. With your senses alert, you will meet these magnificent representatives of more than 150 individuals in this authentic 35,000m2 park!
A picnic spot is available, as is the pizzeria for those with wild appetites. And to make the visit absolutely unforgettable, a detour to the alpine pool is worth the plunge!
PRACTICAL INFORMATIONConstruction work is currently underway outside the main building and at the zoo restaurant from Monday to Friday. We apologize for the hearing inconvenience caused.
- For individuals, advance reservations are not necessary. For groups of 15 people or more, please contact email@example.com
- It is forbidden to feed the animals with your own food, food bags are available at the reception desk
- Pets are not allowed (except for assistance dogs)
- Children's games
- Picnic area: no grilling allowed
- Return to the park after the outing is possible
Location / Access
GPS coordinates :